What is a Professional Medical-Grade Refrigerator?
Professional medical-grade refrigerators are designed with the unique needs of the healthcare environment in mind. Only professional medical-grade refrigerators deliver optimized control in three important areas:
to safeguard patient samples and ensure medications remain efficacious
to provide a more comfortable environment for patients and a more productive workplace for staff.
to reduce operating costs and support sustainability initiatives.
Professional medical-grade refrigerators excel in three key temperature management areas: uniformity, recovery, and stability
Maintains temperatures within +/-1°C throughout the storage chamber eliminating hot and cold spots that could put your contents at risk of temperature excursions
Faster recovery after prolonged door openings keeps contents at the right temperature even when unit is opened multiple times
Maintains superior temperature stability, creating fewer deviations from the set point and avoiding rapid, significant changes in temperature
Reducing costs and supporting sustainability in the professional healthcare environment
GX Solutions leverage variable capacity compressors and natural hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants.
- 50-65% more energy efficient than conventional medical-grade refrigerators
- Decreased carbon footprint - natural hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerant dramatically decreases global warming potential (GWP)
- Uses R600a, a Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) and EU F-Gas compliant natural refrigerant
- Reduced heat output limits HVAC system impact
Managing sound in the professional healthcare environment
At 42dB, GX undercounter professional medical-grade refrigerators are the equivalent of a quiet library. GX upright professional medical-grade refrigerators range from 42 to 50 dB.
- 3x quieter than conventional medical-grade refrigerators
- Can be placed in noise-sensitive areas such as medication rooms, labs, patient rooms
- Less equipment noise means fewer distractions and better working environment
OptiCool™ Cooling Technology
Powering the 1st professional medical-grade refrigerators
OptiCool™ cooling technology pairs a variable capacity compressor (VCC) and natural hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants to ensure optimal temperature uniformity, recover and stability; efficiently manage energy consumption and environmental conditions and reduce noise output of the system.
In addition, the use of natural hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants supports environmental sustainability initiatives, decreasing the carbon footprint
Learn more about OptiCool™ and how temperature and energy are optimized while supporting environmental sustainability.
Download Brochures & More
GX Solutions Refrigerators from Helmer Scientific
Built to Last: Reliability Starts with Design
All Helmer units are designed and built to ensure they last for the long term, to limit down-time and interruption to workflow.
Helmer uses a 2-phase testing process which includes:
- Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) - ensures the unit’s design can withstand the rigors of daily use through a 10-year life
- Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) - test the key systems (electronic and refrigeration) during product development to verify the robustness of the design.
At Helmer Scientific, building high-quality medical products is all we do.